Frequently Asked Questions
This page is split into two sections
1) Frequently Asked Questions relating to ordering/orders placed at AllTheAnime.com
and 2) Frequently Asked Questions about specific titles we release/distribute.
NOTE: As of 21st Sept. 2017 please direct all order queries to shop.uk@alltheanime.
Frequently Asked Questions relating to ordering/orders placed at AllTheAnime.com
1) When is payment for an order taken?
Payment is taken within 24-72 hours following the order being placed. (This applies to both in-stock items and pre-orders.)
2) When will a pre-order be shipped?
Typically we aim to ship all pre-orders in time for week of release, but is entirely dependant on availability of stock and allocation of stock.
3) If I place an order for an in-stock item and a pre-order, will they be sent separately or together?
This will be what is known as a split shipment, where the in-stock item will be sent immediately and the pre-order item will be sent once stock is available. (There is no additional shipping cost for this.)
Products are shipped Monday-Friday. If an in-stock product is ordered over a weekend (or during a public holiday) it won't be dispatched until next working day.
4) How much is postage?
Postage via Royal Mail for UK orders are free. Tracked Shipping is also available at extra cost (see Question 12 for details.)
Shipping to Republic of Ireland (R.O.I.) is also free.
4) Do you deliver internationally?
Yes, but there is an extra charge for this.
NOTE: No tracking number is provided for international shipments.
5) When will an upcoming title be available to pre-order?
Generally a forthcoming title will be listed on our web shop within 1 month of the product being released. There are exceptions to this rule though.
6) What region coding are your releases?
All our releases are locked to DVD Region 2 and Blu-ray Region B. These are the default region codings for all hardware the UK & Ireland.
7) What language options are there on your releases?
The majority of our releases include English language audio and the original Japanese audio with English subtitles, though there are instances in where a title of ours may not include English language audio.
NOTE: Language options are listed in each product listing on this website. So do please double check before ordering.
Currently the titles we have in our catalogue that do not have an English language audio option, also known as a subtitle-only release, are:
- Samurai Flamenco
- Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress
- Miss Hokusai
- The Tatami Galaxy
- The Anthem of the Heart
- Belladonna of Sadness
- all four of the Persona 3 movies
- The Case of Hana & Alice
- Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy
- Tokyo Marble Chocolate
- Tokyo Ghoul OVAs "Jack" & "Pinto"
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ,
- Princess Arete
- Genius Party/Genius Party Beyond
- Momotaro: Sacred Sailors
- Lupin the 3rd: Part IV (Ltd Collector's Ed. Blu-ray version)
- Night is Short, Walk on Girl
- Junjo Romantica
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I - Initiation
8) Where are you based?
We are based in the UK. Glasgow, Scotland specifically.
9) What currency are orders placed in at your web shop?
We can only charge for products in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
(Please note: for international orders we are not responsible for any additional bank charges that are made because of currency conversion.)
10) Will I get a confirmation email of my order being placed?
Yes. This will be sent to the email address of your account with our site or with the email address input during the checkout process. This confirmation will included your order number.
11) How long does shipping take?
Orders for in-stock products are processed and usually dispatched by our fulfilment company within 24-48 hours (working days only).
NOTE #1: Merchandise items (i.e. non-DVD or Blu-ray products) are usually dispatched 7-10 working days after the order is placed.
NOTE #2: Products are shipped Monday-Friday before 1pm. If an in-stock product is ordered after midday on a Friday, over a weekend or during a public holiday it may not be dispatched until next working day at the earliest.
- For UK orders, though we anticipate it to be much quicker, we ask to allow up 7 working days for delivery (from when an order had been noted as fulfilled.)
- For international orders we ask to allow up 30 days for delivery from when your order has been fulfilled (though we anticipate it to arrive quicker than that.)
NOTE #3: During a sale period at AllTheAnime.com, depending on demand it may take longer for orders to be fulfilled. That said we will always try our best to fulfil items as quickly as possible. Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about the status of your order.
12) What is Tracked Shipping? (*Available to U.K. orders only)
The tracked shipping option allows us to keep track of the status of the delivery, but it does not provide a tracking number for you to be able to keep track of it yourself.
This may seem strange, but this service does allow us to be able to find out what happened to your parcel should something occur during delivery.
13) Is there a way keep track of the status of my order?
Yes, if you log into your account you'll be able to see the status of your orders. (If your order is shipping via courier with a tracking number, we will supply you with a tracking number you can use to monitor the progress of the delivery.)
13) How do I cancel an order?
To cancel an order please send an email to shop.uk@alltheanime.
NOTE: If more than 30 days has passed since your order was placed payment will be refunded via PayPal. Please include the email address linked to your PayPal account when requesting an order cancellation.
14) How do I change my shipping address on an order I've placed?
To do this please send an email to shop.uk@alltheanime.
number and the address you want updated.
NOTE: This has to be done prior to a product being shipped. Once a product has been shipped the address cannot be updated.
15) If a release date changes, will I get a notification of this?
No. We do not have the facility to provide notifications if/when a change to a release
date occurs. However, we encourage you to keep an eye our dedicated Release
Schedule page HERE.
16) I noticed you're exhibiting at an event I'm attending. Can I place an order at AllTheAnime.com and collect it at the event?
No, this is not possible due to data protections laws it's impossible as the staff at our events differ to our web shop.
17) What is your returns policy?
We are more than happy to exchange a product, providing it meets the following conditions within 30 days of the order being dispatched for shipping -
~ If you receive a product and there is damage to the outside (casing) of it, we are happy to exchange this for a new for copy you, providing it is still sealed and unopened. To arrange for an exchange for this reason please email shop.uk@alltheanime.
~ If you receive your order and you discover there is damage inside the product after you have opened it for the first time within 30 days of it being dispatched for shipping, we are happy to exchange this for a new one.
To arrange for an exchange for this reason please email shop.uk@alltheanime.
NOTE: When arranging an exchange we ask the customer to send the product back to our offices in Glasgow - address will be supplied when you contact shop.uk@alltheanime.
The customer must pay the shipping cost to return the item, but this cost will be refunded in the form of a coupon code for use on our AllTheAnime.com web shop or through PayPal.
*Anime Limited/AllTheAnime.com DOES NOT provide pre-paid shipping labels for any returns.*
Replacement copies will only be shipped when the original product has been received at our offices in Glasgow.
18) I have query about my order / I have a question that's not answered above, who should I contact?
Please send an email to shop.uk@alltheanime.
NOTE: Our offices are closed over the weekend. Any queries sent during a weekend may not receive a response until the next working day at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions about specific titles we release/distribute
19) Will you release the Fairy Tail series on Blu-ray or distribute the 'Collection' sets?
When it comes to Fairy Tail, we took over distribution of the series from Part 10 specifically. At time of writing (July 2017) we are only distributing the individual 'Part' releases on DVD. The reason for this is we want to make sure the U.K. releases can catchup as quickly as possible to where they are up to elsewhere.
For context: there was a long period of time where there were no Fairy Tail releases at all in the United Kingdom, so catching up as quickly as possible on DVD is our top priority for distributing this title to ensure fans have an opportunity to add the series to their collection.
Once we have caught up (or should it be sooner than that) we will explore the possibility of releasing the 'Collection' style sets (that combine two 'Parts' into one set) and/or Blu-ray releases. However we want to stress at this time we can't comment on whether releases of either of those will actually be possible or not. But please know it is something that will be looked into.
20) You've released a Ltd Collector's Edition set of [Insert title] will there be a standard edition version?
When we release a Ltd Collector's Edition set (be a Blu-ray only or Blu-ray+DVD set), there will be a standard DVD version available at the same time or shortly thereafter - though there can be exceptions to that. For example, there are some titles that we can only release on Blu-ray.
A standard edition Blu-ray release will follow in the future, but it may be a long time before it can be released. This can happen for a number of reasons, it varies from title to title, but as an example it could be that this was part of the terms of licensing a title.
One case in point was our releases of the series Kill la Kill. Because we released the Ltd Collector's Edition sets, it meant we could bring it to the UK much sooner than waiting for a standard Blu-ray and/or DVD release; which ultimately we were only able to do a few years after the Collector's Edition sets were released.
21) Any news on your release of [insert title]?
All future releases are subject to approvals and being signed off before they can be produced. Sometimes this can take far longer than anyone could anticipate. So it is our policy not discuss specific potential plans for a title until everything has been signed off.
We appreciate it's not ideal for everyone, but the last thing we want to do is announce details of a title prior to it being signed off, only to find our we can't deliver on what was announced.
22) I see you've released a subtitle only collection of Lupin the 3rd: Part IV, but there is an English dub of the series. Can you please explain this?
This a very unique set of circumstances, so we ask you please see THIS POST AT OUR BLOG and scroll towards the bottom of the post where there is very detailed information about this.
Information above last updated 12th November 2018.
-- Update(s) on 12th November to question 7.
-- Update(s) on 31st July 2018 to question 11.
-- Update(s) on 8th June 2018 to question 7, added question 22.
- Update(s) on 27th Nov. updated info on question 11 - added information on merchandise shipping.
- Update(s) on 13th Nov. updated info on question 2.
- Update(s) on 21st Sept. were updating contact email address for all queries to shop.uk@alltheanime.
- Update(s) on 20th Sept. were updating info on questions 2, 7 & 15.
- Update(s) on 1st July 2017 were adding the new section 2 and subsequent questions. All other information correct as of 4th Nov. 2016.)